With it getting colder outside we thought we would give you a couple of tips to go along with this info-graphic. While these tips are more helpful for our friends in the North, weather these days is so unpredictable it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- If you have to go outside the house, make sure that your car’s gas tank is full so it prevents ice in the lines.
- It is always a great idea to keep extra blankets, chargers, flashlights, batteries, and jumper cables in your car in case you get stranded. (This tip is applicable all year round).
- Just in case your power goes out be sure to have enough flashlights, batteries and blankets ready. If you have a fireplace you should also be sure to have plenty of dry firewood.
- If you are forced to use candles or space heaters be sure to never leave them unattended and keep them three feet away from all furniture.
- Know your area’s emergency warnings for severe weather. This includes checking news outlets often for up-to-date information.
We hope that you all stay safe and warm during the upcoming cold season.